Thunderbird Peace Corps Partnership
Thunderbird is pleased to partner with the Peace Corps’ Master's International (MI) program, which allows you to integrate a graduate degree from Thunderbird with overseas service in a variety of Peace Corps fields. By helping individuals earn their advanced degree while serving in the Peace Corps, MI is producing a multitude of volunteers with additional education and skills to make a great impact around the world.
If you are interested in pairing a Thunderbird degree with Peace Corps service, the process is as follows:
- Apply to Thunderbird, following all specified admissions processes.
- Once accepted to Thunderbird, submit your application to the Peace Corps.
- After completing initial Peace Corps coursework and being assigned to your country of service, you will travel to your respective site and begin training.
- Once overseas, you are given an assignment according to the needs and requests of your host country. While overseas, your primary responsibility is the project and community to which you have been assigned. Your academic component will grow out of your volunteer work.
- Your graduate degree work while on assignment may be a thesis, paper or other culminating project developed with the direction of Thunderbird faculty and with the approval of Peace Corps overseas staff. You must be flexible and, in some cases, creative when transforming your Volunteer service into your graduate work.
- After completing your Peace Corps service, you will return to Thunderbird to finish your graduate coursework.
Through this innovative partner program, you gain the advantage of having applied theory to practice while working overseas – and you will return from your service and complete your Thunderbird experience with a changed world view and the skills and education to continue to make a difference.
For more information, contact Admissions at email@example.com or call +1 602 978-7100 or 800 457-6966.