Bootcamps are self-paced, intensive online courses that will boost your skills, refresh your memory and get you (re)acquainted with the business basics. Bootcamps are available in the following subjects:
Thunderbird has partnered with an online course provider so that incoming students who are required to complete the micro- and macro-economics prerequisite, or those who want a refresher course before starting their studies at Thunderbird, can do so at their own pace.
After you register and pay for the Economics Bootcamp you will receive a registration confirmation message that will include the Economics Bootcamp website address and the course key number to access the bootcamp. Complete instructions for the course are available on the website.
Important information about the Economics Bootcamp:
- In order to satisfy the economics prerequisite, entering students must complete this course with a passing grade of 75% or better on or before Sunday. August 11, 2013.
- Time Commitment: Plan on taking a minimum of three weeks to complete the bootcamp.
- Economics Waiver: Students who have previously completed microeconomics and macroeconomics courses at another college or university with final grades of B or better will be granted waivers during the admissions process, based on a review of official transcripts. Any waivers granted will appear on your admission offer documents.
Questions & contact information
- If you have any questions about the micro- and macroeconomics requirement, please contact your Admissions Specialist.
- If you have questions regarding signing up for the bootcamp or are having problems accessing the website, please email email@example.com.
- Professor John Mathis, Ph.D. will be your instructor through the online bootcamp. If you have any questions during the bootcamp, please contact Professor Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register & pay for the Economics Bootcamp
- The fee for the bootcamp is $450 and covers all materials.
- The bootcamp fee is not covered by financial aid. The fee must be paid in order to receive access to the online course.
Accounting, Finance and Statistics Bootcamps
- Do you have an accounting, finance, and/or statistics prerequisite noted on your admissions documents that you should complete before matriculating to a Thunderbird program?
- Have you been out of school for a while and need to brush up on your quantitative skills?
- Do you have a non-business undergraduate background?
- Do you find quantitative classes challenging?
- Do you want to avoid falling behind in fast-paced classes?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we recommend the Essentialprep™ online courses offered through the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). These courses provide you with the opportunity to review fundamental business school concepts at your own pace, so that you can arrive at Thunderbird ready for success.
Registration for Accounting, Finance and Statistics Bootcamps
- The cost for each bootcamp (accounting, statistics or finance) is $89.95.
- If you plan on taking more than two of the bootcamp there is also a “Collection” package for $199.95 which includes the prep courses in Accounting, Finance and Statistics, as well as Quantitative Skills.