Strategic Global Negotiations
April 27 – 29, 2015
October 5 – 7, 2015
Today’s business environment has increasingly diverse customer, supplier and employee networks. The need to effectively communicate and influence to a broad constituency is increasingly critical. Therefore, the value of relational agreement and engagement on communication and negotiation becomes a leadership competency for success, professionally and personally.
Strategic Global Negltiations provides the what is, and the how to, of communicating, and influencing and creating transformational negotiations in a safe environment to produce value (win/win) in diverse settings.
This exclusive program teaches ……
- How to further develop personal negotiation insight and strategy for positive negotiation outcome.
- How to prepare for the challenges of managing people with divergent negotiation interests.
- How to negotiate effectively with difficult people and for “nonperformance” issues; internal or external.
- How to evaluate a rights-based vs. interests-based negotiation approach to dispute resolution.
- How to use an organizational knowledge management system in order to integrate personal negotiation strategies in alignment with organizational strategy.
A Course with Real, Applicable Solutions
This program is aimed at enabling participants to become a more effective negotiator. Effectiveness at the negotiation table requires many things, including:
- The ability to work with people whose backgrounds, expectations, and values differ from your own
- The ability to create value and execute deals that others might overlook, even in dispute situations
- The strategic skill to acquire your fair share of what is negotiated
- The ability to avoid common mistakes made by negotiators in disputes
- The perception to understand your own ethics, and the ethics of others
- The capacity to reflect and learn from your experience
- The ability to create an organizational knowledge management system and integrate a strategy for your organization.
Join executives from diverse industries and cultures spanning the globe – peer participants in upper and mid-level management ready to share their varied corporate experiences in a collaborative environment free from competition.
What Past Participants Are Saying
“Thunderbird’s instruction allowed me to view different cultures through a lens filtered by the understanding of other cultural work preferences. I’ve become more sensitive to other cultures and can switch cultural styles when necessary in order to accomplish my objectives.”
- Helen Castror
Senior Recruiter, Axon Solutions Inc. (SAP implementation)
Is Your Company Listed?
Ready to join the important list of companies who have participated in Thunderbird’s Strategic Global Negotiations program? Below is a sampling:
Thunderbird’s diverse faculty members bring you renowned global business instruction as well as intimate cultural insight you simply won’t find elsewhere. Their consulting experience with companies around the world, coupled with their own diverse heritages, means that your global business instruction is merged with cross-cultural insight. The end result: you’ll interact with the world’s most accomplished global thought leaders and leave Thunderbird prepared to lead and drive your own global business success anywhere in the world.
The Strategic Global Negotiations program is led by Professors Karen Walch, Ph.D. and Denis LeClerc, Ph.D.
Program fee includes tuition, instructional and assessment materials, and meals for the program. Price does not include accommodations, which can be secured online at the Thunderbird Executive Inn, a full-service facility conveniently located on campus and offering a host of amenities and business services for executives.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
CEUs provide a permanent record of the professional development training and non-credit enhancement activities of working executives who wish to stay current in global business. One CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours of time spent at a qualified instruction site. Participants who complete this program earn 2 CEUs.
Request More Information
Please contact us if you have additional questions or would like to learn more.
Executive Education Programs
1 (800) 457-6959 US | +1 (602) 978-7545
Fax: +1 602 439-4851