Cultural Orientations Approach Certification (COA) Level 1 - December 15 - 16, 2014
Cultural Orientations Approach Certification (COA) Level 2 - December 18 - 19, 2014
Thunderbird has teamed up with Training Management Corporation (TMC) – a renowned leading cultural consulting and learning solutions company – to offer you the opportunity to become COA Certified.
Become COA Certified
What does the Cultural Orientations Approach Certification Program (COA) do for you?
The COA Certification Program offers you a progressive learning experience that blends multiple methods to enhance your cross-cultural competency. You will join a highly experienced TMC facilitator in a journey where you engage in face-to-face training, participate in on-the-job application and advance your insights into the role cultural values play in the workplace.
Learn to use the TMC four cultural skills that help you engage in non-judgmental exploration of the impact of culture in communication, teamwork, leadership, working style, performance motivation, feedback, and more.
5 Reasons Why You Should Be COA Certified
1. Leverage the industry-leading cultural assessment (COI®) in your own or company practice
2. License to the Cultural Navigator (1 year)
3. Access to the COA Practitioner website and Practitioner store
4. Lifetime membership in the COA Practitioner Community
5. Administrative access to COI tools and results for your users
COA VIRTUAL CERTIFICATION AT A GLANCE
COA Level 1
Goal: Know it: Talk the Talk!
1. Describe culture using accurate examples from today’s business environment
2. Articulate the Cultural Orientations Model with theory and example
3. Recognize the four key cultural skills when used in a COI assessment conversation
4. Interpret an individual’s COI assessment results
5. Demonstrate and explain the use of the Cultural Navigator
Target Audience: Interest in operating in other cultures, proven platform trainer skills
COA Level 2
Goal: Do It: Walk the Talk!
1. Demonstrate the program objectives as described for level one practitioners
2. Conduct a debriefing session based on an individual’s COI results
3. Analyze the diversity of a group by facilitating a discussion on the results of that group’s COI aggregate report
4. Use the COI gap analysis report to diagnose and activate the effective application of the four key cultural skills
5. Strategically leverage the knowledge base contained in the Cultural Navigator®
Target Audience: Interest and experience operating in other cultures, highly developed platform trainer skills
 Defined as process of questioning to gain information, assess individual results, interview, question, gather intelligence, examine, probe, quiz.
For more details on the Cultural Orientations Approach certification and to begin the registration process visit www.culturalorientations.com/thunderbird or call us today at 1 (800) 457-6959 US | +1 (602) 978-7545.
For specific inquiries regarding the TMC or the COA call TMC at 1(800) 380-8508
©2013 Berlitz Languages, Inc. All rights reserved. TMC is a Berlitz Company.
To see the COA/COI in action, attend
Communicating & Negotiating with a Global Mindset
October 6 - 8, 2014 | Thunderbird Campus
This short-format executive development program teaches the skills and strategies needed to communicate and negotiate more effectively in a culturally diverse economy.
Offered exclusively by Thunderbird, this is one of only two executive education programs focused on Global Mindset, a scientifically proven set of characteristics possessed by the world’s most successful global managers.
Global business knowledge. Relationship-building skills. Openness to diversity and adventure. What do these Global Mindset characteristics have to do with your management success and your organization’s global success? Everything. We’ll teach you why, and we’ll teach you how to improve areas of weakness in your own Global Mindset.
Learn how to communicate and negotiate with global audiences, using cutting-edge interactive tools and interpersonal activities:
- Thunderbird’s Global Mindset Inventory psychometric tool – learn your own Global Mindset profile
- The Cultural Orientation Indicator® tool – learn about your cultural assumptions and assess cultural knowledge gaps
- Communications practice and role-playing negotiations – develop an understanding of your own communication and negotiating preferences and gain hands-on practical experience
Your global communication and negotiation skills will further be enhanced as you complete team exercises with peers from around the globe, study global case studies and participate in class discussions.