Registration is Closed.
Thunderbird has teamed up with Training Management Corporation (TMC) – a renowned leading cultural consulting and learning solutions company – to offer you the opportunity to become COA Certified.
Become COA Certified
What does the Cultural Orientations Approach Certification Program (COA) do for you?
The COA Certification Program offers you a progressive learning experience that blends multiple methods to enhance your cross-cultural competency. You will join a highly experienced TMC facilitator in a journey where you engage in face-to-face training, participate in on-the-job application and advance your insights into the role cultural values play in the workplace.
Learn to use the TMC four cultural skills that help you engage in non-judgmental exploration of the impact of culture in communication, teamwork, leadership, working style, performance motivation, feedback, and more.
5 Reasons Why You Should Be COA Certified
1. Leverage the industry-leading cultural assessment
(COI®) in your own or company practice
2. License to the Cultural Navigator (1 year)
3. Access to the COA Practitioner website and Practitioner store
4. Lifetime membership in the COA Practitioner Community
5. Administrative access to COI tools and results for your users
COA VIRTUAL CERTIFICATION AT A GLANCE
COA Level 1
Goal: Know it: Talk the Talk!
1. Describe culture using accurate examples from today’s business environment
2. Articulate the Cultural Orientations Model with theory and example
3. Recognize the four key cultural skills when used in a COI assessment conversation
4. Interpret an individual’s COI assessment results
5. Demonstrate and explain the use of the Cultural Navigator
Target Audience: Interest in operating in other cultures, proven platform trainer skills
COA Level 2
Goal: Do It: Walk the Talk!
1. Demonstrate the program objectives as described for level one practitioners
2. Conduct a debriefing session based on an individual’s COI results
3. Analyze the diversity of a group by facilitating a discussion on the results of that group’s COI aggregate report
4. Use the COI gap analysis report to diagnose and activate the effective application of the four key cultural skills
5. Strategically leverage the knowledge base contained in the Cultural Navigator®
Target Audience: Interest and experience operating in other cultures, highly developed platform trainer skills
 Defined as process of questioning to gain information, assess individual results, interview, question, gather intelligence, examine, probe, quiz.
USD $2,500 for Level 1
USD $2,500 for Level 2
Program fee includes tuition, instructional and assessment materials, and meals for the program. Price does not include accommodations, which can be secured online at the Thunderbird Executive Inn, a full-service facility conveniently located on campus and offering a host of amenities and business services for executives.
For more details on the Cultural Orientations Approach certification and to begin the registration process visit www.culturalorientations.com/thunderbird or call us today at 1 (800) 457-6959 US | +1 (602) 978-7545.
For specific inquiries regarding the TMC or the COA call TMC at 1(800) 380-8508
©2013 Berlitz Languages, Inc. All rights reserved. TMC is a Berlitz Company.
To see the COA/COI in action, attend
Strategic Global Negotiations
April 27 – 29, 2015
October 5 – 7, 2015
Strategic Global Negotiations provides the what is, and the how to, of communicating, and influencing and creating transformational negotiations in a safe environment to produce value (win/win) in diverse settings.
This exclusive program teaches ……
- How to further develop personal negotiation insight and strategy for positive negotiation outcome.
- How to prepare for the challenges of managing people with divergent negotiation interests.
- How to negotiate effectively with difficult people and for “nonperformance” issues; internal or external.
- How to evaluate a rights-based vs. interests-based negotiation approach to dispute resolution.
- How to use an organizational knowledge management system in order to integrate personal negotiation strategies in alignment with organizational strategy.