Earn a graduate certificate to complement your degree
At Thunderbird, you can pursue one of three graduate certificates as part of your degree studies—or as a non-degree student. Through a series of in-depth courses focused on these global business disciplines, you will gain a deep understanding of the nuances in each of these critical international business functions. We currently offer certificates in the following areas:
The Graduate Certificate in Global Marketing is a 15-credit hour program that provides specialized marketing coursework that will equip you to excel in business, government and non-governmental entities that operate on a global scale. While utilizing some of the foundational theories and tools of traditional domestic marketing, international marketing requires an understanding of the complexities of political, economical, legal, societal and cultural differences that exist in foreign markets—nuances for which domestic marketing frameworks and tools are often insufficient. The courses in the Global Marketing Certificate will:
- Teach you how and why customers in different parts of the world make decisions the way they do.
- Develop your capability to create value and use the abundance of data available in today’s market to engage in cutting-edge business analytics.
- Allow you to take an experiential approach to learning, using case studies featuring companies across the globe with different cultures and complex legal environments.
- Advance your understanding of the critical, nuanced differences that managers need to recognize when conducting business across borders.
Learn more about the Graduate Certificate in Global Marketing. (Note: After clicking, you will be transferred to the Arizona State University website.)
Designed to provide you with the tools, in-depth training and cultural understanding to succeed in financial roles for international business, government and non-governmental entities, the Graduate Certificate in Global Finance delivers the critical learnings needed for global financial decision making. To make sound international financing and investment decisions, you need to incorporate knowledge of global and regional economic and political landscapes, multinational tax management and country risk analysis. The courses in the Global Finance Certificate will
- Position you for roles in multinational corporations or international organizations where the accounting emphasis is on International Reporting Standards (IFRS) rather than the United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAPP).
- Equip you with the skills to drive financial value creation through efficient management of cross-border transfer pricing, tax planning, currency hedging and interest rate risks.
- Provide you experiential learning opportunities using case studies featuring companies across the globe with different cultures and complex legal environments.
- Allow you to explore the business and management differences in countries with varying corporate governance, joint venture structures and financial measures of country business performance.
- Examine cross-border investments, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, cross-border financing, cross-border funds transfer and cross-border risk management.
Learn more about the Graduate Certificate in Global Finance. (Note: After clicking, you will be transferred to the Arizona State University website.)
Global Trade & Commerce
The Graduate Certificate in Global Trade and Commerce is a 15-credit hour program that provides a solid foundation and knowledge base in commerce and trade as practiced on a global scale. The coursework in this certificate prepares you for placement in business, government and non-governmental entities that operate globally. The courses in the Global Trade & Commere Certificate will:
- Develop your analytic capabilities and leadership skills for making sound commerce and trade decisions.
- Offer an innovative learning environment that is case-based, experiential and team-oriented with extensive and invaluable student-faculty interaction.
- Provide additional depth and breadth beyond a graduate business degree to further enhance your trade and commerce background and broaden you career opportunities.
- Equip you to succeed in roles focused on cross-border trade, cross-border risk management and cross-border global value chains.
Learn more about the Graduate Certificate in Global Trade & Commerce. (Note: After clicking, you will be transferred to the Arizona State University website.)