Senior Director of Enrollment
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Enrollment Management & Student Services, this position will lead and manage Thunderbird’s enrollment efforts, establishing and maintaining best practices by developing consistent procedures through training and continual assessment.
The Senior Director of Enrollment Management integrates all aspects of Thunderbird’s enrollment process including the implementation and evaluation of effective student-centered recruitment and selection, and will be actively engaged in strategic planning.
The Senior Director’s primary outcomes are achieving long-term strategic enrollment growth of appropriately qualified students; providing highly effective forecasting and data analysis to drive decisions supporting marketing and recruitment; leading the development of student recruitment and community engagement strategy; achieving enrollment goals and implementing growth strategies to meet enrollment targets; participating in planning of retention activities; and developing productive partnerships with other functional areas and the Thunderbird community. In addition, this individual will administer, manage and monitor the enrollment management expense budget, including oversight of recruitment travel and events as well as productivity analysis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing and Recruitment
- Direct supervision of Recruitment Team Leads and call center employees including hiring, training, performance monitoring, coaching, motivating and ongoing skill development.
- Ensures that meaningful, measurable performance goals are established and monitored for the department and for each employee
- Identifies and incorporates the use of best practices in recruitment, application, and enrollment
- Works in collaboration with the AVP of Admissions and program stakeholders, participates in the planning and evaluation of the effectiveness of advertisements, direct mail promotion, view books, bulletins, brochures and other collateral materials
- Develops and implements a data-driven, market-sensitive, goal-oriented strategic recruitment plan to reach targeted regional, national, and international audiences
- Facilitates regular performance management, analyzing employee performance
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Enrollment Management leadership teams on the development, implementation and monitoring of a comprehensive recruitment strategy including:
- Event and fair strategy including staffing and travel
- Non-paid, referral-based lead generation strategy
- Lead flow process and associated reporting and analysis
- Professionally and effectively represent Thunderbird through presentations at on-campus events, receptions, public forums and tours.
- Budget planning and management.
- Assist assigned student through the enrollment process including prospect contact and qualification through face-to-face interaction and phone/internet communication.
- Provide “bridge” between B2C phone center and office of admissions.
- Provide timely feedback to the marketing department regarding qualify of lead sources.
- Applications, Enrollment, and Retention
- Managing and monitoring the lead flow process from initial lead response to the completion of the application form and payment of the tuition deposit for prospective students.
- Formulates long-range strategic application/ enrollment policies that will support an integrated end-to-end enrollment management process
- Leads the department’s electronic data management process and ensures policies and procedures exist to optimize ongoing use
- Participates in admission interviews, serves as member on admission committee, and works directly with applicants and prospective students.
- Works closely with the Thunderbird Student Services group, Admissions and Student Affairs, the Program Directors of full time and working professional programs, and other areas as appropriate
- Oversees enrollment management budgets
- Travel as needed, as well as weekend and evening requirements
- Data Systems and Analysis
- Works with the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Student Development, admissions staff, and IT staff to develop and implement enrollment models, incoming student forecasts, and statistical reports,
- Tracks and projects admissions, and develops student profile reports that indicate predictors of enrollment success.
- Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the manager to meet business objectives and this job description is not intended to be all inclusive
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
Qualifications for the position include:
- Master’s degree required
- Five to seven years of experience in higher education admissions and enrollment management, including two years of experience in a leadership role including direct supervision
- Ability to think critically, strategically, and creatively about the enrollment management process
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience working Student Information Systems, as well as strong computer literacy and familiarity and comfort with spreadsheets and databases
- Demonstrated success in managing teams to reach goals
- Experience with data reporting and analysis for enrollment management decisions-making required
- Experience in the recruitment of diverse students
- Experience working on cross-institutional work teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct and manage staff
- Ability to communicate with all stakeholders.
- Ability to explain policies and procedures in a written communication to students, staff, faculty, alumni or external constituency
- Ability to interpret and analyze statistical data and publish the data in written and visual reports for both internal and external constituents.
|Please send resume to:
Thunderbird School of Global Management, Human Resources, Ref. #1994
1 Global Place, Glendale, AZ 85306
or e-mail: HRResumes@thunderbird.edu EEO/MFDV