Project Manager - DreamBuilder, Thunderbird for Good
Thunderbird School of Global Management is dedicated to educating global leaders who create sustainable prosperity worldwide. The entire Thunderbird community is the living embodiment of the belief that global management can be a force for positive economic and social change. On the front lines of Thunderbird’s mission to create sustainable prosperity worldwide is Thunderbird for Good. Created in 2005, Thunderbird for Good leverages the school’s expertise in global business education to provide non-traditional students in emerging markets with the business skills training they need to create or grow successful small businesses. In 2011, Thunderbird for Good formed a new partnership with Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Foundation. Together, Thunderbird for Good and Freeport-McMoRan are launching DreamBuilder, a web-based entrepreneurial education program. This unique pilot program is already providing business skills training to thousands of women in Peru and Chile. Innovative in its delivery method and focus, this multi-leveled business skills training and certification program provides access to various tools and resources in a fun and interactive way helping the women succeed in achieving their dream of running a successful small business in order to support themselves, their families, and their communities.
Due to the success of DreamBuilder in South America, Freeport-McMoRan and Thunderbird for Good have partnered again to develop an English version of DreamBuilder for the North American market. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the development phase of this new DreamBuilder initiative. The initiative was announced publicly at the Clinton Global Initiative America conference in Chicago this past June.
Primary duties & responsibilities
- Develop strong and productive relationships with global vendors and collaborators for the North America DreamBuilder program. The global vendor team consists of 1 primary vendor and several secondary vendors. The Project Manager will be responsible for the performance of all vendors and collaborators.
- Review and coordinate content flow of DreamBuilder curriculum between vendors and collaborators. The Project Manager will also, at times, be involved in either creating or adjusting program content prior to courseware production and also after the beta review of the courseware.
- Manage the adaptation of current DreamBuilder templates and the creation of new templates for the Tools and Templates section of the DreamBuilder program.
- Manage the budget and ensure vendors are paid according to the agreed upon milestones. The Project Manager has P&L responsibility for the entire project.
- Promotion and Reporting: The Project Manager at times will be called upon to create or help in the creation of reporting and promotional materials.
- As necessary, the Project Manager will be called upon to assist the Thunderbird for Good team with other Thunderbird for Good programs.
Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the manager to meet business objectives and this job description is not intended to be all inclusive .
- Must have an undergraduate degree
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office and various internet browsers
- Successful professional experience providing creative solutions to complex problems
- Proven record of managing project execution and delivering results
Preferred but not required
- MBA or masters degree in business related field is desired
- Prior project management experience is desired
- Entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Experience working in the online learning industry is a plus
Knowledge, abilities and key behavioral traits for success
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Attention to detail
- High degree of insight, exercising sound judgment
- High level of comfort in dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands
- Business acumen
- Financial acumen
- Self-starter, ability to perform and deliver with little direction
- Creative and analytical
- Ability to write and speak English fluently
- Expert communication skills – verbal, written, interpersonal and presentations
Ability to work with all internal Thunderbird departments: students, alumni, faculty, external public and private organizations, corporations, program participants, government officials, and community leadership for the purposes of fostering relations, negotiating agreements, developing business, and training.
The Project Manager position is designed to last 12-15 months with the possibility of extension dependent upon funding.
|Please send resume to:
Thunderbird School of Global Management, Human Resources, Ref. #1999
1 Global Place, Glendale, AZ 85306
or e-mail: HRResumes@thunderbird.edu EEO/MFDV