Program Manager, Executive Education
The Program Manager will collaborate with Executive Education clients by ensuring smooth end-to-end experience while managing the delivery project plan; actively gather and analyze client/participant feedback to determine actions to continually enhance the client outcomes and move the relationship forward. Establish and participate in a Client Team structure as a valued team member in delivering world class client services. Specifically, closely interact with other client team members to develop and execute strategies to exceed Executive Education clients’ expectations. Support program delivery requirements across various methodologies. This position directly contributes to the success of Thunderbird across various Executive Education ranking systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engagement plan management
- Develop engagement implementation plan based on the scope of work statement and the contract; monitor its progress from conception to conclusion. Understand the design and content of the engagement to translate it into engagement plan milestones and deliverables.
- Write an assessment of risks and develop contingency plans for the identified risks.
- Track milestones and deliverables; monitor the stakeholder deliverables to ensure the timely and quality delivery of the engagement. Escalate any arising issues to Client or Managing Director as appropriate.
- Assist Client and/or Managing Director in researching and securing internal or external resources. Secure facilities and other resources required for successful engagement delivery with Client and/or Managing Director guidance.
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely manner. Proactively manage changes in the engagement plan. Report the progress against the plan to the stakeholders.
- Manage engagement documentation including but not limited to bid sheets/budget, scope of work statement, engagement timeline, program profile, client and 3rd party invoices, etc.
- Monitor expenditures against budget and communicate to the appropriate stakeholders as needed.
- Follow-up and complete the engagement after deliveries. Provide final reports, account statements, etc. as needed.
- Participate in the engagement debrief internally and with the client; review the engagement plan successes, evaluation feedback and present opportunities for future enhancements to the client experience.
- Client support and administration
- Attend client meetings; contribute to the discussion and provide operational perspective and support.
- Manage all logistical aspects of the engagement delivery including but not limited to registration, classroom set-up, extracurricular event management, etc.
- Gather requirements from the program faculty and facilitators to ensure seamless delivery of the experience.
- Secure all necessary materials and supplies for the engagement delivery.
- Implement the participant communication plan; oversee course page creation and quality of posts. Troubleshoot issues and respond to requests from participants as needed. Keep track of the relevant data either via CRM, project templates or through engagement notes for the debrief.
- Requisition A/V equipment for faculty and guest presenters; conduct initial checks and troubleshooting.
- Makes arrangements for VIP guests and senior visiting executives; assists with presentation need and general requests.
- Negotiate and manage 3rd party vendor support per the scope of work. Coordinate support of campus departments as required.
- Maintain visibility to the group during the engagement delivery.
- Identify new business opportunities via interactions with the executives; introduce those opportunities to Client and/or Managing director for prompt follow-up.
- Process and distribute evaluation reports upon completion of the engagement.
- Participate in the client follow-up activities as directed by Client and/or Managing Director.
- Utilize tools and application to capture client and engagement information such as the CRM application, the portal, templates, etc.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of Executive Education services and ability to articulate those to the clients. Collaborate closely with Client and/or Managing Director to identify new opportunities.
- Develop best practices and tools for execution of the engagement plan.
- Actively contribute to the discussion in Operational Excellence meetings; articulate clearly the delivery successes, needs and best practices to share with the colleagues.
- Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the manager to meet business objectives as this job description is not intended to be all inclusive.
- NOTE: This role has a two level salary range: “Level 1” (Entry Level/introductory) and a “Level 2” (already seasoned, experienced in the client, operational, and business development activities).
- Bachelor’s degree and/or combination of the relevant work experience.
- Strong familiarity with project management principles and tools; general business acumen.
- Customer-centric mindset and ability to listen effectively for further opportunities.
- Ability to work with project teams and bring projects to completion with sensitivity.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Global mindset and understanding of world cultures a plus.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating communication style.
- Experience with public speaking addressing a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a complex concept in a clear and concise manner.
Closely interacts with Executive Education participants and corporate contacts, Senior Management Team, client teams, content providers, Thunderbird staff from various campus departments, Flik/Chartwells/Crothall staff, off-campus vendors.
- Evening and weekend coverage may be required.
- Travel will be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, off-site vendor and event management.
|Please send resume to:
Thunderbird School of Global Management, Human Resources, Ref. #1996
1 Global Place, Glendale, AZ 85306
or e-mail: HRResumes@thunderbird.edu EEO/MFDV