Enrollment Manager - Thunderbird Online
The primary focus of this position will be to market and sell Thunderbird’s non-degree online certificate programs to individuals, companies, and professional associations worldwide. This position has front-line accountability for Thunderbird Online’s B2C sales efforts. The Enrollment Manager will primarily be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing B2C sales activities in support of Thunderbird Online’s program enrollment and revenue/margin objectives. In addition, the Enrollment Manager will be responsible for increasing Thunderbird’s overall knowledge-base and capabilities in the creation and conversion of leads for non-degree, continuing education programs.
Primary duties & responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and monitor comprehensive enrollment management plan for Thunderbird Online.
- Establish and maintain best practices for enrollment management by developing and reinforcing consistent procedures through training and continual assessment.
- Direct supervision of Thunderbird Online’s team of enrollment counselors, including hiring, training, performance monitoring, coaching, motivating, and ongoing skill development.
- Provide weekly enrollment reporting and projections to the AVP/Managing Director and participate in analysis and planning based on enrollment trends.
- Ensure that all daily leads are followed up with immediately and in a thorough and professional manner.
- Ensure that monthly and annual revenue/margin goals from B2C enrollments in Thunderbird Online programs are achieved.
- Serve as a “player/coach”, making a minimum 20-30 outbound calls per day and 3-4 hours on phone per day in an effort to enroll potential participants/students into a Thunderbird Online program.
- Track and understand enrollment management metrics (i.e. lead generation and conversion rates, revenues and margins-to-date, etc.) and be able to explain numbers to applicable Thunderbird staff (i.e. Marketing, Finance, Senior Management, etc.) and take appropriate actions to adapt to enrollment trends.
- Articulate the benefits of attending a Thunderbird Online program on the telephone, through e-mail, and in person while demonstrating a clear understanding of Thunderbird’s entire program portfolio.
- Generate leads and repeat customers for Thunderbird Online programs through past participants, alumni, directories, databases, and other sources, and conduct proactive lead management activities.
- Monitor and analyze customer, market, and competitive information to improve effectiveness of enrollment management activities.
- Collaborate with Thunderbird Online’s marketing staff to co-create and manage e-mail and direct mail marketing campaigns, including schedule development, messaging, creative design, and communications of campaign results to Thunderbird Online and Thunderbird Executive Education staff.
- Regularly meet with and provide performance feedback to direct reports (Thunderbird Online enrollment counselors). Collect, review and sign direct report timesheets. Complete regular performance evaluations, providing valuable feedback and determining, documenting, and tracking action items in the areas that require improvement.
- Periodic business travel: Up to 15%, domestic and international.
- Maintain ongoing relationship with offshore partners, faculty and administrators campus-wide by participating in institutional meetings, knowledge exchange opportunities and attending various events on campus.
- Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the AVP/Managing Director to meet business objectives and this job description is not intended to be all inclusive.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, International Business or related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a sales environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct, and manage staff in a call center environment required.
- Experience with advanced degree business education, executive education programs, or corporate training and development desired. Experience with online certificate and/or online degree programs strongly preferred.
- Experience and strong familiarity with CRM systems (SalesForce) required
- High proficiency with MS Office with advanced MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Creative, resourceful individual with high energy and a positive attitude who can excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to think critically, strategically, and creatively about the enrollment management process.
- Highly professional oral and written communication skills and professional demeanor required to work effectively with internal and external clients.
- Ability to compose correspondence as well as prepare and edit professional documentation.
- Experience with public speaking addressing and influencing a diverse group of internal and external clients and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a complex concept in a clear and concise manner.
Closely interacts with Thunderbird staff from various departments, faculty, Executive Education senior management, Thunderbird Online partners, leads, and customers, past Executive Education program participants, and Thunderbird Online/Executive Education sales, operations, and management teams.
Supervises the Thunderbird Online enrollment counselor team.
|Please send resume to:
Thunderbird School of Global Management, Human Resources, Ref. #1997
1 Global Place, Glendale, AZ 85306
or e-mail: HRResumes@thunderbird.edu EEO/MFDV