Associate Director - Career Development
Provide high quality career coaching services for domestic and international graduate business students. Services include one-to-one career coaching, design and facilitation of training programs, delivering lectures, and managing career events and programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help assigned students to develop, refine and implement an appropriate and realistic job search strategy.
- Review, provide feedback and approve job search documents.
- Support student preparation for job search by reviewing student resumes and conducting mock interviews.
- Facilitate sessions of required career development seminar which includes content on assessment, resumes, cover letters, building business relationships, business etiquette, interviewing and negotiation.
- Develop effective educational programs and tools for domestic and international career searches and deploy in one-on-one, small and large group settings.
- Partner with appropriate industry, regional, and/or functional student groups to assist in planning and delivering career related activities or programming.
- Research key industry trends and opportunities affecting MBA hiring and provide information to students.
- Provide support and work on cross-functional teams as needed with the Career Management Center’s Employer Relations function.
- Provide additional resources for student self-assessment and awareness.
- Design and deliver additional on-campus educational programming.
- Benchmark best practices in order to remain competitive in the marketplace.
- Gather and track student intern and employment data, to include database management, Excel analysis and internal reporting.
- Lead and facilitate Student-Company visits.
- Some overnight travel may be required; limited weekend and evening commitments to support business development, host employers at campus events and students at career services programming activities.
- Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the AVP and/or leadership team to meet business objectives and this job description is not intended to be all inclusive.
- Baccalaureate degree required; Master’s level degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years work experience required, preference given to relevant experience in career counseling, or corporate recruiting
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population of high-performing individuals required
- An entrepreneurial orientation, proven track record of taking initiative required
- Excellent resume building, interview coaching and strong, innovative job search techniques required
- Professional demeanor and excellence in oral and written communications required to include a high degree of comfort speaking and presenting to student audiences.
- Proficiency with web-based resources, spreadsheet and presentation software required
- Knowledge of career development theory and strong coaching or counseling skills preferred
- Experience living or working outside the US is a plus
- Detail orientation and project management skills are essential in this role.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to interact with poise and tact at all levels of internal and external organizations, including with students, staff, faculty, and guests (recruiters, community leaders, executives)
- Knowledge of and interest in latest related technology including social networking platforms as part of the job search.
|Please send resume to:
Thunderbird School of Global Management, Human Resources, Ref. #1986
1 Global Place, Glendale, AZ 85306
or e-mail: HRResumes@thunderbird.edu EEO/MFDV